- Studio venues
- Student info
- Summer 2019
HELSINGIN TANSSIOPISTO RULES OF EDUCATION
1 § Registration
1.1. A student must register for the classes in a written form, either on the form found on our website at www.helsingintanssiopisto.fi or by a hand-filled form in which case the forms of students under 18 years must be signed by their guardian.
1.2. Registration for the winter season will cover both autumn and spring semesters, both lasting five periods. Periods are four or five weeks long (see Periods and due dates). There is a separate registration for the summer season.
1.3. A student can try out a class by paying a single class fee in advance.
2 § Payments
2.1. A student must pay Helsingin tanssiopisto
• a tuition for the classes he/she is enrolled on. A student will have a place in the class and is required to pay the tuition until a written cancellation (according to 4§ of these rules) is sent to the Student Office.
• in case of delayed tuition, 5 euros for a new invoice and the overdue interest.
• when the tuition has been sent to a collection agency, a student must pay for the office fees and the overdue interest. Tanssiopisto reserves the right to collect a 20 euro penalty fee from a student that attends classes against these rules.
2.2. Tuition is paid using a bank transfer mailed to the student. The tuition can be paid either by period or by semester. In the latter case, the student will receive a 10 % discount on the tuition. The method of payment can be changed 14 days before the due date by contacting the Student Office.
2.3. In case of a long-term (at least 14 days) absence due to an illness, special arrangements can be made. The student must provide a doctor’s certificate and notify the Student Office. The arrangement can come into effect from the day the Student Office has been notified. Doctor’s certificate must have mention about patient not been able to excercise. With pacakege price arrangements can be made if doctor’s certificate is at least fo 7 days.
3 § Making up classes
3.1. Tanssiopisto gives the student the opportunity to make up occasional classes in classes there is room before the absence or afterwards. The right is valid for two months. Making up classes should take place primarily in the student’s own teacher’s classes. When going to a different teacher we recommend going to a lower level class than normally. Fitness classes should be made up primarily in fitness classes.
Package rates and intensive courses do not include the right to make up classes. You cannot make up weekly classes in intensive courses.
The right to make up classes expires when the student has cancelled all classes. Occasional absences will not be refunded.
3.2. When going to a make up a class, the student will give the teacher a make up slip. They can be found in the dressing rooms and on our website.
3.3. You can only use the right to make up classes during a period that has been paid.
4 § Cancelling registration
4.1. A cancellation must always be made in writen form to the Student Office, either by letter, email or by an online form. Teachers do not accept cancellations.
4.2. A student paying by periods can cancel the registration (or a part of it, if the student has more than one weekly class) 14 day before the start of the next period. A list of periods, due dates and cancellation dates is published in the program of each academic year.
4.3. A student paying by semester can cancel the registration (or a part of it, if the student has more than one weekly class) 14 days before the start of a new semester.
4.4. Intensive course or camp can be cancelled 7 days before the camp’s/course’s beginning date written in the tanssiopisto brochure. When cancelling registration after this, 50 % of the course’s and 25 % of the camp’s tuition is charged. No cancellations on the day the course/camp starts, or after the course/camp has started.
4.5. A single class cannot be cancelled but it can be made up by other classes (see Making up classes/3 §).
5 § General information
• Lessons are 45 min/ 60 min/ 75 min / 90 min/ 120 min long including taking the attendance.
• A list of periods, due dates, cancellation dates and holidays is published in the program of each academic year.
• Classes on holidays can be made up with other classes either beforehand or afterwards. They are not compensated in tuition.
• Tanssiopisto has the right to move a student to a class of suitable level.
• A teacher can deny a belated student an access to the class in order to avoid possible injuries.
• Helsingin tanssiopisto has the right to use the material filmed in class and student performances in Tanssiopisto’s brochure, teaching, blog, as well as its website and facebook and other social media pages. All the chosen material is carefully selected and we will not publish inappropriate material in any form.
• The doors of our studios open 15 minutes before the first class of the day. Students must leave the premises in 15 minutes after the class has ended.
6 § Tanssiopisto’s liability for damages
• Teachers responsibility of the student is limited to the classes only.
• Students need a personal accident insurance.
• Tanssiopisto is not responsible for student coming to class in vain if the Student Office has not been kept up to date with contact information.
• Tanssiopisto is not responsible for items left in the dressing rooms.
7 § Right to changes
Tanssiopisto reserves the right to change tuition prices by informing the student of the change four (4) weeks before the period the change comes into effect. A student that doesn’t accept the change can cancel his registration as described in 4§. Tanssiopisto reserves the right to occasional or permanent changes in classes and/or teachers.
8 § The student- and marketing records
Helsingin Tanssiopisto uses its student- and marketing records in confidence in billing, matters concerning students and in the marketing of Helsingin Tanssiopisto. A person in the records has the right to check and correct the information concerning them. The information is kept for as long it is relevant, unless the personal register law requires otherwise. see Register description.
9 § Complaints
Any complaints are to be made to the board of Helsingin Tanssiopisto in a written form.
In Helsinki 4.6.2015 Modernin Tanssin Kannatusyhdistys ry